Miranda Carey’s Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy can help you to:
Discover who you truly are
- Find your wildness
- Learn the dance of your emotions so that you can move with ease from sadness to joy and accept what is
- Stay grounded
- Be at ease in your body and aware of how it speaks to you and others
- Find your assertiveness
- Set physical and emotional boundaries
- Deal with trauma, addiction, grief or other issues
- Understand and move forward in relationships, both professional and personal
What is EFP?
EFP is a way of teaching people about themselves through interpreting the reactions of horses.
Miranda has found that EFP works best when the horses are free in mind and body, so interaction, either individually or in groups, usually takes place in the large field where the herd lives contentedly all year round.
The horses choose when, and with whom, they want to meet – which makes their feedback all the more authentic. Miranda translates what they might be saying - prompting and gently questioning, so clients can reach their own conclusions.
The horses' response is always honest, always in the moment and delivered in a non-judgemental manner.
By tuning into non-verbal communication, staying grounded and listening to our bodies – just like the horses do – we can become more self-aware and skilled in quiet observation and perception.